How to make a website in Pakistan?
There are many people who are not familiar with the importance of website. In this modern era, every person owns an android mobile, PC or laptop from where they could easily access diverse websites. Still, there are 72% people who have no knowledge about the benefits of a website. However, it is imperative for both individuals and businesses. In the event that you are not familiar with its important then no issue! We are going to tell you that why having a website is imperative for you.
Why Have a Website?
When it comes to an individual then there are diverse reasons due to which an individual should have his/her own website. Right now, we are going to explain these reasons as follows:
- The website will be able to reach more people, so you could share your knowledge, views or ideas with people across the globe
- Your website can become your digital resume. Instead of giving away your resume, you can just provide a link of your website to your job officials. Not just that, when business owners or people who are searching for an employee like you, they will contact you through your website.
The above-mentioned benefits were for the individuals. Businesses will have a vast range of benefits of having their own website. As we know that each business is different from the other, so every business should have its own particular website. Right now, we are going to explain the benefits for businesses to have their own website:
- Reaching more people which will increase in sales
- When people will see that you have a website from where they can reach you then it will build trust.
- Increase brand identity and awareness
- Stand out in the competition with a strong base
How to make a website in Pakistan?
Now, you are familiar with the importance of a website but the question here arises “HOW TO GET ONE?” well, the answer to this question is quite easy. All you have to do is to create your very own website from scratch. Pakistan is an under-developed country and the ratio of inflation is quite high. Whether you are an individual or a business owner, you need to reach more people to get jobs or maximize your sales. For that reason, we are going to tell you that how to make a website in Pakistan without any problem. All you have to do is to follow the steps properly to create your very own website.
Step 1: Select WordPress Platform For Your Website
There are diverse website platforms readily available to you. However, WordPress is considered to be the best among all. Content Management Systems is known as CMS. It is an ideal to provide you some of the best tools so that you could easily edit the content of your site without having info about coding. Coding is quite complicated for many. Due to this reason, the companies have put forth this concept of CMS. So, with its help, you don’t have to get info about coding as you can easily edit your website according to your preference. All you need to do is to create new documents and publish them on the site.
On the other hand, there are a number of CMS and WordPress is one of them. WordPress is used by more than 40% of all sites as compared to others. There are diverse reasons behind it which we are going to explain in points below:
- It has an open source
- It is available to you without any cost
- WordPress is fast, dependable, and easy to manage
- This platform is quite versatile as contrasted to the others
- It is the ultimate solution for making a website
It is easy to set up WordPress on practically any web server. It powers about 60 percent of the web as a whole. The majority of hosting plans require the installation of a single-click CMS. Others, however, come with a version pre-installed. When choosing where to host the WordPress website, it ensures that users have complete independence. The cheapest or fastest hosting service you could easily find. On your computer, you can also set up a local installation for creation and post processing.
Step 2: Choose A Website Name, Purchase Domain And Hosting
Picking a name is perhaps the most interesting part of the entire process when learning how to create a website. You’ve got complete freedom here, then again. You can basically choose any name for your website that you like. Nevertheless! To stay organized later down the road, there’s a few things you have to grasp.
Firstly, at the moment, there are almost 2 billion websites online on the internet. Therefore, it can be very difficult to remain original. Constructing the name of your website (and hence your domain name) using either the name of your company (the most apparent method) or a term that is synonymous with the niche in which you are, but with some additional terms for better brand performance, is a really smart option. In simple words, you should have a good domain name. Right now, we are going to tell you that what your domain name should have:
- Related to your brand or niche
- Easy to remember
- Easy to write
- It should include keywords related to your brand or niche
Thinking a good domain name is quite a challenging task. However, we can make it simple for you. All you need to do is to make use of the domain name generator. There are diverse generators available over the web through which you could easily generate domain name for your website. In the event that you don’t know which one is good to use then no problem! You have to check out the reviews of each domain name generator. After that, it will be easy for you to know that which one will be suitable for you to use. To use these generators, you have to put a keyword related to your brand or niche and click on generate. In this way, the domain name generator will provide you lots of options from which you can choose the one of your choice.
a) Purchasing your hosting and domain name
It is quite difficult for some people to purchase a hosting packaging. Well, you don’t have to worry about anything. The method we are going to mention you is quite simple and easily understandable. You can easily rely on this method. All you have to do is to use Bluehost. It is one of the best hosting providers over the web. It is actually a reputable web host that is completely optimized for the WordPress platform. It will ensure that your site operates properly without any issue. Not just that, it is quite cheap in price and easy to use. Bluehost also provides domain name for free. So, if you are still having domain name problem then you can make the most of it. What are we going to do now!
- Go to the Bluehost website and choose a hosting plan for your site.
- Register a domain name with the help of Bluehost
- Install Bluehost and configure a nice version of WordPress on the setup of hosting.
- Enjoy your website and personalize it according to your preference
Let’s start! First of all, you have to open the page of Bluehost and then choose your plan. Usually, the cheapest plan is the one-year plan. After that, you need to enter the domain name that you have chosen for your website. They will ask you for your personal information. You don’t have to worry about it! Don’t Panic! You just need to provide real information. Before you continue, check everything properly and then go for the final phase. Now, you have to click on the SUBMIT button to make your purchase.
b) Ask Bluehost For The Installation Of WordPress For Your Convenience
As you are all set for the hosting, it is the time to go for the WordPress platform. Installation of WordPress is not that hard but why don’t you enjoy WordPress installation service for free? Well, it is pretty simple! When will you complete the sign-up method with Bluehost then you must get an email from Bluehost. In email, they will provide you some information like how to sign in to your profile and start working on your website. When you will sign in then Bluehost will provide you an interesting wizard that will take you through the method of WordPress installation on the setup of hosting.
Or else, you could also perform WordPress installation by going through MY SITES section and click on the button of Create Site. For WordPress installation, Bluehost wants you to set the name of your site, username and password. You can choose these things according to your choice.
Step 3: Get Used To WordPress User Interface
You could easily sign in to your WordPress user panel when you will go through the www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin link. You will need to use the username and password that you have set up in Bluehost. When you will sign in successfully then you will be directed to the dashboard of WordPress. You could easily check out the following things in the user panel of WordPress.
(1) Posts – You can use it to post your blogs.
(2) Check out the current status of your website and see what is going on.
(3) Welcome Message – The imperative areas of the admin panel are listed in on the left side column.
(4) Media – manage/upload pictures and other media files.
(5) Appearance – Adjust the design of your site here and/or modify how the current design displays those things.
(6) Comments – This is where comments could be monitored.
(7) Pages – You can create sub-pages here.
(8) Users – Manage all user accounts who could have access to the user panel of your site.
(9) Plugins – Plugins could be installed from here.
(10) Settings – Check out the main settings and edit them here.
You have to check out each of the above option to get used to the user panel. Remember, the more you will get used to the panel, the more it will be easy for you to use.
a) You have to set the permalinks
Permalinks is quite a new term for the new users. However, this term is easy to understand. These are the links that will explain how an individual webpage address will be structured in your website.
Getting the page’s title in the URL is the most optimized framework. “For instance, under something as simple as YOURSITE.com/about, your “about” page (more on that page later on) ought to be accessible. You would be able to do that by setting the permalinks appropriately. In the event that you want to set your permalinks then you have to go to the Settings options.
b) Making your website available to the public
Well, making your site available for the public is quite interesting part of this article. If you want your site to be seen in Google rankings then you have to index your site. To make sure of that, you have to go to the Settings in the dashboard of WordPress. From there, you have to go to READING and then ensure that the labeled box with the name (DISCOURAGE SEARCH ENGINES) is unchecked.
c) You need to set a title and tagline for your site
Well, you need to set a title and tagline for your site. It is quite an imperative task to do. First of all, keep in mind that both these things should be attractive and engaging. To do this, you have to go to the Settings option and then GENERAL. From there, you could easily create the title and tagline for your site by going to the respective fields. However, these fields might show up in diverse places on your site. In some of the WordPress themes, they are displayed on the homepage.
d) Disable or enable comments
Some people like to read comments on their site to know about their audience views. In the event that you are one of them then no problem! All you have to do is to enable comments by going to the Settings option. You could easily view the comments in the DISCUSSION option. However, some people are not fond of reading and checking out the comments. If you also don’t want to check out the comments then no issue! You can disable them from the Settings option.
e) Set your time zone
This thing is quite important as it will make publishing your blogs and pages quite predictable. When you will set a time zone then you could easily manage the time of your blog posts. Usually, people pick the time zone of the region they reside in while others choose the time zone of America. You can do it too by going to the Settings option and then GENERAL.
Step 4: Choose a design/theme for your site
WordPress is amazing especially when it comes to the designs. There are a number of design options which are readily available to you. These designs are known as themes. WordPress has many themes to offer. It implies that you can switch to any theme of your choice.
a) Choose a theme of your choice
WordPress themes are present in a vast number. Some of them are free of cost while others have a price. You can use them to make your website look more engaging, appealing and beautiful. You can make your website stand out from the rest with the help of a theme of your choice. The theme does not affect or modify your content while it only changes the design how they show up. The beginners are not aware of the best themes for WordPress. Thus, we are here to guide you about them.
At present, the best and popular theme for WordPress is Phlox. It is quite popular among new and experienced bloggers. Many businesses are also making the most of it. It is readily available on the official website www.phlox.pro.
Phlox is a modern WordPress theme that is efficient. It is available in both a free edition and a premium one. The theme has been around since 2013 and since then it has been continually revamped and upgraded. If it’s a small business website, eCommerce website, artists, visitors, a portfolio website, or some other form of website you can think of, it’s a perfect theme for creating any type of website.
A featured post slider, page creator, custom widgets, theme options, modified post sliders, new post formats, and fantastic typography are among the key features of the theme. More than 60 free samples and over 48 pro versions are available for the theme. The demos are painstakingly crafted and beautifully breathtaking. For any form of company, there seems to be a demo accessible. As you can have pre-built pages and templates and you only need to customize them, Demonstrations will help you kick start your website project. It’s not necessary for you to start from scratch.
However, there are diverse other themes which you could easily check out on www.phlox.pro. Some of the themes are readily available free of cost while others are paid. Check out a wide range of themes and pick the one that suits your needs.
b) You have to Install the chosen theme
After selecting your theme, you have to install it to make the most of it. All you have to do is to use the name of the theme for installation. You have to open your WordPress user panel, go to APPEARANCE and then click on THEMES. From there, you will need to go to the ADD NEW. From there, you could easily enter the theme’s name and install it. You will see the name in the display list under the search field. You need to click on the ACTIVATE button. When you will do it then INSTALL button will show up on the screen, choose it and install your phlox theme.
c) Customize the theme
Whether you are using typical or modern theme for your site, it is imperative for you to customize the theme properly. To customize your theme, you have to go to the APPEARANCE and then choose CUSTOMIZE. After that, you will come across the interface of WordPress Customizer. You can personalize the home page and other pages to make your site look unique. Not just that, it will help your site in standing out from the other sites who are using the same theme.
1. Setting up your homepage
If you want to set up your homepage then you have to follow the steps below:
- You will see HOMEPAGE SETTINGS in the sidebar
- You need to choose A STATIC PAGE below the homepage display settings.
- It is important to click on the ADD NEW to make a new page to work as the homepage of your site.
- You need to enter the page name – HOME will look quite good. You need to click on the ADD.
By doing all these settings, you will be able to entirely personalize your homepage. Not just that, there are a few cool things you could include to your homepage. For beginners, it is imperative to change the headline of the homepage. You can easily add the name of your business or else, you could set up a title relevant to your niche. To make further changes, you need to click on the icon of pencil that is present close to the headline. When you will do it then the panel of customization will appear in front of you. You can do the following:
- Change the image present at the background – make it relevant to your niche or business
- Change the main title
- Change the content below the title – you can easily edit it according to your choice
- You can change the text of the button
Below it, you could easily adjust the other blocks of the homepage. By default, you will come across the following in the FRONTPAGE SECTIONS:
- The CONTACT segment is where you can show your contact details and let people know how to find you best.
- A perfect place to chat about your story is the ABOUT segment.
- The FEATURES section is a perfect way to illustrate what the business has to sell or what the purpose of the website is-that “purpose” is definitely the number one thing to hold in mind when you learn how to build a website.
- The RIBBON is just another space where your primary call to action can be stated.
- The TEAM segment which you can use when more people work in your company and you want to highlight them.
- When you want to highlight what your former clients had to say about your company, the TESTIMONIALS section works for you.
A handful of other sections are accessible as well. It’s better to go through them and select the ones that make reason to use in your particular situation and with your company. Do not hesitate to press on the big “Publish” button that is at the top when you’re finished changing the homepage.
2. Adjusting the typography
The very next thing to do will be to take note on the typography of your web-the fonts used all over the site. You can do so from the WordPress Customizer sidebar by moving to Appearance Settings / Typography. There, you will be able to select a font and automatically see it on your site.
Your latest theme will use a number of primary colors outside the box that describe the standard color palette. In the WordPress Customizer, you can adjust the environment. On the left sidebar, just select Colors. Typically the color used for links, buttons, and anything else that is supposed to create a unique identity of the layout of the web is the Accent Color.
Your website would actually feel like it’s really yours after completing the above. To make it work for your brand, you will have all the appropriate tune-ups and personalization made. To play with, there are even more settings in the WordPress Customizer. For example, you could easily do the following:
- Choose the default design of the site – either you need the sidebar on the right side, left side or nowhere on your site
- Change the listing of the blog and how they will show up on your site
- Change the background image
- Amend the design of the buttons.
Step 5: Make use of the plugins to increase the abilities of your website
Plugins could be used on WordPress website quite easily. They are used to increase the abilities of your site. They are actually used to extend the standard functionality of the site by incorporating the required features. When you are a newbie in making a website for yourself, it is imperative to focus on these features as you don’t know how to code. These plugins will help you manage your site pretty easily and efficiently. Right now, we are going to give you some info about the best and free plugins that are readily available. Have a look:
- Google Analytics for WordPress enhances the site with one of the most proper approach on the internet for traffic analysis.
- Yoast SEO allows you to make enhancements in search engine optimization to make your website more widely available to search engines.
- Updraft Plus performs automated website backups.
- Wordfence Security is used to protect the WordPress website from hackers.
- Optimole is used to optimize your pictures.
- Have a glance at the most popular plugins of all time and take advantage of them.
- WPForms enables you to include interactive contact forms to your site. It will be beneficial for your visitors to get in touch with you. Putting your email address on the site does not look good anymore. So, this form looks quite impressive.
Installation of the plugins is simple for every newbie. If it is a free plugin then all you have to do is to write the name of the plugin. Go to the dashboard of WordPress and then go to PLUGINS. From there, you can easily add plugins by going to the ADD NEW. When you could view the plugin you need to install, click on the button of INSTALL and then click on ACTIVATE.
Step 6: Create the main pages of your website
There are a few pages that every website owner should include in his/her website. It does not matter whether these pages are related to your business/niche or not, you need to have them in your site. All you need to do is to create the pages by going to the dashboard of WordPress. You have to go to the PAGES and then click on the ADD NEW. You will come across a few things like:
- A place for the page’s headline
- The body section is the place where you could include the main content. The interface is identical to MS Word so you can easily import it to WordPress. You can easily copy and paste the content from MS Word to the blog. You can easily change the fonts according to your choice.
- You can include pictures by choosing the media.
- You can also switch between VISUAL and TEXT editors.
- When you are done, you can click on the button of PUBLISH.
- As mentioned earlier, you have option to either allow or disable comments on your site. The pingbacks and trackbacks settings could be used as well.
- You can also choose a FEATURED IMAGE that can enhance the look.
- When all editing is done then you have to click on the PUBLISH button to publish the page.
Now, you know how to add and edit the pages. It is the time to know which pages are imperative for you to add. Have a look:
- About Page – For nearly all of the websites on the internet, this is a must-have page. Depending on whether you have a business blog or a single-author personal blog, you can call this page ‘About Us’ or ‘About Me.’ This page will be used to inform users about the people behind the website, its intent, mission, beliefs, and what your site users can expect to find. The page helps create confidence in your viewers when they get to meet the real people behind the scenes. To highlight your most famous content, you can also use this page.
- Contact Page – To access your contact address, your site visitors, marketers, and future clients all need to find it. Without making a public comment on your site, a contact page helps people to instantly and conveniently send you a message or learn how to communicate with you. To make it easier for users to email you, you’ll need to add a contact form. Nevertheless, to provide more opportunities to communicate with you, you can even add your email address, location map, and social media accounts.
- Terms of Service Page – You should have a terms of service page whether you run an online shop or sell services on your website. It is a legal text, so it is strongly advisable to get competent legal assistance. Online models are also available for you to use, and do so at your own risk. In the event of misuse of the information and resources provided on your site, it helps you to restrict your responsibility. It could also be used to remind users of their copyright and patent rights and how they can access the website, device, or service.
Step 7: Consider making a blog
A blog is one of the most efficient ways to advertise yourself. Not just that, you can sell services and products with the help of content marketing. You can make the most of a blog in diverse ways. Blogs are amazing tools for marketing over the internet. There are more than 90% marketers who are making use of blog. It is a simple idea to run a blog. What you do is post and do so consistently with posts linked to the subject of your website. WordPress has blogging software built right into it from the get-go, from a technological point of view. WordPress originally began as a forum for blogging.
If you want to make the new blog post then you have to go to the POSTS and then click on the ADD NEW. The method of producing a blog post itself functions much the same as making a new page. The editing panel is exactly the same, and the selections are still mostly the same. One of the only distinctions is that you can attach groups and tags to your entries, too. When you are done then you can click on the PUBLISH button.
Step 8: Modify the navigation of your site
When all your pages of the site are done, you have to adjust and modify the navigation of your website. There are two important elements to navigate your sites. They are mentioned below:
Menus are the main vehicle through which visitors could navigate your website. Firstly, you need to go to the APPEARANCE option and then go to the MENUS. You will come across the default panel. On the left side, you will see all website pages from where you could select to add the menu. On the right side, you could see the structure of menu and its settings. You can add menu to each of your page. The best feature of this panel is that you can easily drop and drag the menu items.
Pick the menu position at the bottom when you’re finished. Typically, choosing the place called ‘Primary Menu’ would result in the menu appearing at the top of the list. For your key menu, this is actually what you want. To save the settings, click on ‘Save Menu’.
You may also create secondary menus. Only click on the link ‘create a new menu.’ This will show you this very same panel for menu creation. It is important to view any menu in a separate location. Thus, you should assign it as the “Footer Menu” for this new one. When you will visit the site now then you will see the menu in its proper location.
In WordPress, widgets are an outdated feature. A widget is a tiny piece of content that can be viewed across the website in different places. In the footer or the sidebar of the web, you will see blocks on the normal place.
Go to Appearance/Widgets in your WordPress dashboard and see what this could look like and customize your widgets. Apart from the sidebar or the footer, the Phlox theme provides a variety of widget locations, but let’s not concentrate for now on those alternate placements.
From the above explanation, it would be easy for any novice to create his/her own website for personal or professional use. We have covered almost everything in this post. Still, if you have any issue and you think that you cannot make a website then no problem! We can help you in this! We can teach you how to make a website in Urdu. Not just that, we can also make a WordPress website for you. We (www.webdesigns.pk) would provide you with tailor-made WordPress sites that can quickly impress your clients, enabling a huge amount of clicks to reach your website. We know you have so little time to give your visitors a good feeling. We are therefore developing some appealing WordPress themes for your websites. As a result, there is a risk that your website will get more visits and more traffic will boost your SEO score. Thus, the website will lie under the Google’s great results.